In 1850, Hiram W. Leffingwell and Richard Smith Elliott bought land 14 miles from downtown St. Louis at about the same time James P. Kirkwood was laying out a route for the Pacific Railroad. Founded in 1853 as the first planned suburb west of the Mississippi River, Kirkwood is known for its warmth, charm, and friendliness. The Kirkwood Train Station, of Richardsonian-Romanesque style, was built in 1893 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It has become a symbol of Kirkwood then and today. To this day, photographers strive to capture the excitement of the huge locomotives as they round the bend into Kirkwood Station.
As with the historic train station located just a block away, we at KSB continue Kirkwood Station’s tradition of quality, excitement, service, and charm through our award winning craft brewery, full service restaurant and live music venue. The KSB team is steeped in hospitality, food and beverage experience including Owner Mike Willerton, General Manager Carlos Wilson, Assistant General Manager Jim Wempe, Brewmaster Brian Ilg and Assistant Brewmaster Devin Moore. As a local business and craft brewery, KSB is thoroughly invested in the success of the community including wide support for local events, teams and organizations.
Whether a small gathering or a celebration for 275+, our brewery, restaurant and events venue offer a variety of entertainment and hospitality options including:
- Award-winning Craft Beers created by Brewmaster Brian Ilg on draft, in growlers, kegs and 4-packs available at your favorite local grocer.
- An extensive menu of classic American fare complemented by our extensive craft beer menu.
- A comfortable, casual dining room for up to 75 and outdoor patio area.
- Seating for up to 245, including table sizes up to 12.
- Live music stage with large dance floor (KSB regularly features top local talent and touring acts.)
- Billiards and video games.
- Free brewery tours and samples.
- Free parking.